Beau Lund May 19, 2018 /Sports News – National Basketball great Bill Russell released from hospital Written by FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailiStock/Thinkstock(NEW YORK) — NBA legend Bill Russell was released from the hospital Saturday after an overnight stay, according to ESPN.In a tweet, Russell expressed thanks for the support he received.A representative for Russell told the website TMZ that his hospital stay was a result of dehydration. TMZ also reported Russell was taken to a hospital near his Seattle area home.Russell is widely considered as one of the greatest players in NBA history. He won 11 NBA championships and was inducted into the Pro Basketball Hall of Fame in 1975.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Beau Lund FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailartisteer/iStock(NEW YORK) — The National Football League has fined Los Angeles Rams Nickell Robey-Coleman more than $26,000 for a helmet-to-helmet hit that wasn’t called in the team’s NFC Championship Game win over the New Orleans Saints.Robey-Coleman appeared to run into Saints wide receiver Tommylee Lewis with less than two minutes remaining in fourth quarter of the NFC title game. The contact occurred before the ball reached Lewis, which could have also been called pass interference. No flag was thrown.Either penalty would have awarded the New Orleans Saints a first down, giving them a first down inside the Rams’ 10-yard line, needing only a field goal to win and advance to the Super Bowl. The Rams eventually won the game 26-23 in overtime. After the game, Saints head coach Sean Payton told reporters that the league’s head of officials informed him that the call had been blown. Robey-Coleman also admitted after the game that he expected a penalty to be called against him on the play. Multiple lawsuits have been filed in the aftermath of the non-call, and a number of NFL players have voiced their disbelief and frustration with the league and commissioner Roger Goodell. Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved. Written by January 25, 2019 /Sports News – National Los Angeles Rams cornerback fined for uncalled helmet-to-helmet hit in NFC Title Game
Home » News » Agencies & People » LATEST: Humberts appoints joint administrators previous nextAgencies & PeopleLATEST: Humberts appoints joint administratorsEstate agency quietly reveals who is going to lead it into administration although franchised businesses separate from the main company continue to trade as normal.Nigel Lewis20th December 201901,270 Views Humberts has quietly announced that insolvency practice Begbies Traynor has been appointed to deal with the administration of the company.The announcement is hidden at the bottom of its website, which otherwise makes the company look at if it’s continuing as usual including an invitation to ‘book a valuation’ and ‘choose Humberts’.It also says that Paul Stanley and Paul Barber of Begbies Traynor are the appointed administrators.Humberts’ website was initially taken down and replaced with a ‘maintenance’ message that directed customers with queries to a bogus phone number and non-existent email address but has now been reinstated.The Negotiator has been told that the company has a major problem on its hands because although the Humberts UK Ltd is going into administration, several of its franchised branches are continuing to trade independently of the central business.This includes those in Stamford and Nottingham in the East Midlands.Business rescueBut there may be hope for Humberts yet. Both Paul Stanley and Paul Barber are ‘business rescue and recovery’ specialists based at the Manchester office of Begbies Traynor and, therefore, are likely to be looking for a white knight to buy the business.Latest accounts for the Wilmslow-based agency for 2018 show that it was running a £283,000 overdraft at one point and, although it was owed £387,700, it had debts totalling £970,700 due this year.Humberts begbies traynor December 20, 2019Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles Letting agent fined £11,500 over unlicenced rent-to-rent HMO3rd May 2021 BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021
View post tag: HQ Indian Southern Army GOC Visits Sri Lanka Navy HQ View post tag: Command He was accorded a Guard of Honour on arrival and received by the Commander of the Navy.They held discussion on a range of topics which were of mutual interest and bilateral importance. Mementos were also exchange to make the occasion.[mappress]Press Release, February 19, 2014, 2014; Image: Sri Lanka Navy Lieutenant General Ashok Singh, General Officer Commanding (GOC-IN-C) of the Souther Army Command of the Indian Army paid a courtesy call on Commander of the Sri Lanka Navy, Vice Admiral Jayanath Colombage at the Naval Headquarters in Colombo on 19th February 2014. Training & Education View post tag: Naval View post tag: News by topic February 19, 2014 View post tag: Indian View post tag: Army View post tag: Lanka View post tag: Navy View post tag: southern Back to overview,Home naval-today Indian Southern Army GOC Visits Sri Lanka Navy HQ View post tag: Sri View post tag: visits Share this article
Dr Samina Khan, head of undergraduate admissions at Oxford University, has told the Times Education Supplement that applicants from poor backgrounds are more likely to be given interviews. Dr Khan was referring to the use of contextual data in the undergraduate admissions process.Oxford currently uses the performance of an applicant’s school, their postcode and care background to judge their full potential. If a flagged candidate is not shortlisted for interview, despite a prediction of AAA+ and high subject scores, an explanation must be provided to the department.The Social Mobility and Child Poverty Commission, appointed by the government, recently criticised Oxford and Cambridge for failure to admit enough state-school pupils. In 2014, 56.3 per cent of Oxbridge students were state-educated.Oxford University officially maintains that the state/independent school division is a misleading proxy for disadvantage. In its Access Agreement with the Office for Fair Access, the University has no set target regarding the state/ independent split.The University also claims that, even if they were to use the state/independent school binary, it is “unclear how ‘disproportionate’ the state/ independent picture at Oxford actually [would be] – it’s often argued that only seven per cent of school pupils are at independent schools (while they make up over 40% of Oxford’s UK undergraduate intake). But more than one-third of students getting AAA or A*AA at A level (which is the bare minimum needed to apply for a place at Oxford) come from the independent sector – and things like subject choice and degree course choice narrow the picture further.”Barnaby Lenon, Chairman of the Independent Schools Council and former headmaster of Harrow School, advised caution regarding Dr. Khan’s statement, saying, “admissions tutors at Oxford simply want the best students. A student with quite good grades from a school whose results are generally poor may well be as able as a student with higher grades from a high-achieving school.“However, admissions tutors do not want to send the wrong signal to high-achieving schools (who provide a large proportion of the best undergraduates). So care is needed in terms of the messages which are sent out.”Benjamin Peacock, Co-chair of Target Schools (the OUSU-sponsored access program), stated that he “fully supports the use of comparative data to level the playing field for students from state-educated backgrounds, as well as those who are young carers or have other extenuating circumstances.“Application of such data accounts for the correlation between wealth and quality of education that is inherent in the UK, as well as many other disadvantages applicants face.”
Bakery profit was up, but falling sales in Northern Foods’ Frozen division hit total profit for the 26 weeks ended 2 October 2010. Operating profit stood at £17.5m compared to £20.5m in the first half of the 2009/10 financial year.The firm saw a “continued strong biscuits performance” within Bakery, with profits up £2.1m to £10.3m. New product development was delivered for Fox’s, and its retail customers, including Marks & Spencer. The firm noted its trading, as usual, is weighted heavily towards the second half of the financial year, and it currently has a “good order book” across its Matthew Walker puddings brand in readiness for Christmas.Northern Foods also continued with its £26.5m investment in new automated technology across its Fox’s Biscuits manufacturing sites, which will be completed at the end of the current financial year. It has also invested in the relaunch of its Goodfella’s pizza brand. However, the impact of this has not yet delivered profitable sales growth, as trading conditions in Frozen remain “very challenging”, with the division recording a loss of £4.6m, compared with profit of £5.1m for the same period the previous year.“Pizza’s profitability in the first half has been adversely affected by heavy promotions and lower sales in very competitive and volatile market conditions, combined with higher input costs,” reported the firm.It said its steady transformation of its frozen pies business has continued, following the exit from a Birds Eye co-pack agreement last year. “Bringing together the marketing expertise behind our McDougalls and Holland’s brands will benefit the group, with McDougalls securing new listings ahead of the key winter period,” it added.Within chilled, strong sales growth, up from £7.2m to £11.8m, was driven by new lines, and some new business wins, in Sandwiches and Salads.>>Strike mooted at Batley>>Northern Foods plan’s Goodfella’s pizza relaunch
Pie and pastry brand Peter’s Foods has launched a six-month Welsh-inspired media campaign.Luv Wales, Luv Peter’s is asking Welsh residents to pick their favourite place to enjoy pies and pasties, which is being promoted with an online customer survey, social media sites such as YouTube, Twitter and Facebook, sampling, traditional advertising and PR.The places which receive the most nominations will feature in an all-Wales advertising campaign next year.Mike Grimwood, managing director of Peter’s Foods, said: “Peter’s has got great consumer brand awareness and loyalty in Wales, and we’re looking to leverage that further. People in Wales will see an exciting campaign from us, which will hopefully bring a smile to their faces, and remind them about everything that is good in Wales.“We have a great history of more than half a century to build on and recent supermarket contract wins makes the future look very bright indeed. We’ve had a very successful year in a tough marketplace. We’ve achieved this by focusing on the quality, consistency and capability of our products and manufacturing, retaining good-quality staff and strengthening the senior management team.”The campaign will be fronted by characters Peter and Paul the dog, alongside pastry sampling around Wales, YouTube videos, Facebook and Twitter chat, pavement stencils and advertising on billboards, petrol pumps and car park tickets.
Today (May 1, 2019) King’s Lynn magistrates ordered Mr Rutterford to serve a prison sentence of 12 months but suspended that sentence for a period of 2 years on condition that he remains of good behaviour.Mr Rutterford was ordered to pay costs and a Victim Surcharge totalling of £18,051.50.The 71-year-old had, at an earlier hearing, admitted operating an unpermitted site at Blackdyke Farm in Hockwold-cum-Wilton, near Braondon, illegally depositing and burning waste at that site.Environment Agency prosecutor Mrs Sarah Dunne told the court that despite warnings from officers in November 2017 and at least 3 follow-up visits and emails, Rutterford continued his illegal activities – even days before a formal interview with environmental investigators.He allowed other people to take waste to his farm to burn and told his employees to bring waste from his own rental properties to burn there.Mrs Dunne told the court that in November 2017 officers found a fire burning with about 5 skip loads of waste. Despite being told by Rutterford that it was from his farm, it was clear that it was not. It included kitchen unit doors as well as plastic, rubber and metal items.“During the visit a flatbed trailer loaded with a mattress and wooden furniture was seen driving onto the site. It turned and left when the driver saw the environment officers,” Mrs Dunne said.Most businesses that use, treat, recover, store or dispose of waste need an environmental permit, although some waste operations are exempt and can operate under a waste exemption instead.Rutterford had no permit and his activities did not fall within the scope of an extension. He was told to stop burning waste and to clear the site within 90 days. Instead, a week later he registered a number of exemptions, none of which would have covered his previous activities.When officers returned to carry out further inspections, they found that more waste had been deposited including partially burned and rotting animal carcasses and fridges and freezers which, when burned, release climate-changing chemicals.Mrs Dunne told the court that as an experienced businessman with a history of dealing with the Environment Agency, Rutterford must have known that burning on a large scale was not allowed. “He deliberately and audaciously flouted the law,” she said.After the hearing Environment Officer Naomi Daniel said: “Burning waste saved the cost of legal disposal and put the environment at real risk. Burning fridges and freezers releases climate-changing chemicals and pollutes the atmosphere.”
@Buffalo_FM #brandnew Kung Fu 31m in! Penned by @beausasser #Scorpion only here on #Twitter and linked accounts! Lol!— Kung Fu (@KungFuTunes) June 1, 2016 Last night, funk warriors Kung Fu and The New Mastersounds hit the Buffalo Iron Works in Buffalo, NY for the first of a short run of shows together. The two bands are staples in the live funk scene; their fusion only made this show even more exciting.One of the many highlights from the performance was a brand new song debuted by Kung Fu. Titled “Scorpion,” the funky new groove was written by new keyboardist Beau Sasser. Thankfully, with Buffalo.FM live streaming the entire show, we can tune in and catch the new song!“Scorpion” kicks in around the 31-minute mark! Check out the new song and the full show, with sets from both Kung Fu and The New Mastersounds, below.
JJ Grey & Mofro have recently detailed their 2018 summer touring plans, announcing over a dozen new performances this summer. These new tour dates come in addition to a handful of previously announced festival sets as well as their highly anticipated performance at the iconic Red Rocks Amphitheatre this summer supporting String Cheese Incident.JJ Grey & Mofro’s upcoming summer tour starts over Memorial Day Weekend, with performances scheduled at two music festivals, Rooster Walk and Summer Camp, in addition to a show at Pelham, TN’s The Caverns on May 26th. To close out May, the band will perform in Rochester, NY, on May 30th and Kent, OH, on May 31st, then continue on to Kalamazoo, MI, and Jackson, MS, on June 1st and 2nd, respectively. After two performances in Delaware on June 17th and 20th, the band’s summer tour truly picks up mid-June as the group heads southward.JJ Grey & Mofro’s southern leg of tour will see the band hit Charlotte, NC; Savannah, GA; Isle of Palms, SC; Atlanta, GA; and Birmingham, AL across June 24th to June 30th. From there, the group heads to the Midwest, with shows in Alta, WY; Sandpoint, ID; Boise, ID; and Salt Lake City, UT. To cap off the band’s summer tour, the band will make its triumphant return to Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, CO, for their show supporting String Cheese Incident. The band also has festival appearances scheduled in September at Las Vegas’ Big Blues Bender and Colorado’s Telluride Blues & Brews Festival.You can check out the full tour dates below. Head to JJ Grey & Mofro’s website for more information.JJ Grey & Mofro Upcoming 2018 Tour DatesMay 26 – The Caverns – Pelham, TNMay 30 – Funk ‘n Waffles Rochester – Rochester, NYMay 31 – The Kent Stage – Kent, OHJun 1 – Bell’s Eccentric Café – Kalamazoo, MIJun 2 – Cathead Jam – Jackson, MSJun 17 – The Queen – Wilmington, DEJun 20 – Bottle & Cork – Dewey Beach, DEJun 24 – NoDa Brewing Company – Charlotte, NCJun 27 – The Stage On Bay – Savannah, GAJun 28 – The Windjammer – Isle Of Palms, SCJun 29 – Atlanta Botanical Garden – Atlanta, GAJun 30 – Avondale Brewing Company – Birmingham, ALJul 14 – Targhee Fest – Alta, WYJul 17 – The Hive – Sandpoint, IDJul 18 – Knitting Factory – Boise, IDJul 19 – The Depot – Salt Lake City, UTJul 20 – Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre – Morrison, COView All Tour Dates