Thanksgiving is the time to indulge in classic food and spend time with your loved ones. It’s not the location that matters as much as the company and the food.This year, consider leaving the cooking to someone else and have a memorable meal out with your loved ones. The Langham Huntington offers a delectable feast with all the flavor and none of the clean up.“The holiday is an opportunity for me to cook a little bit more freely… [Still] keeping within the concept of a steakhouse but making it a little bit more special. I would say the food is a bit more refined,” said Chef Perry.This year’s menu includes baby pumpkin soup served in a roasted pumpkin with Dungeness crab, braised veal cheeks and of course, the traditional turkey, classic stuffing and black truffle mashed potatoes.They also offer an Aztec wood grilled salad for vegetarians. “We get a really kind of nice smoky element to the salad, typically unexpected. It’s going to be served with fresh heart of palm and artichokes and pumpkin seeds,” said Chef Perry.The menu is an elegant version of Thanksgiving. “We’re just taking all of those traditional things and it’s pushing it to maybe just another place that’s a little bit more thoughtful,” he said.This includes a labor-intensive turkey masterpiece that utilizes all parts of the turkey in he stuffing and sauces. Chef Perry also cooks the breasts and legs separately and then brines, rolls, steams and deep fries to achieve a uniform turkey with crispy skin all around.“To be honest, it is a ton of work but I feel like it’s really worth it. I feel like it’s really special,” said Chef Perry.Enjoy Thanksgiving at The Langham Huntington’s Royce Wood-Fired Steakhouse, located at 1401 South Oak Knoll Avenue. in Pasadena.Thanksgiving Dinner is available from 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. The three-course dinner costs $95 per adult without wine; $140 per person including wine; $48 per child under 12*For reservations, please call (626) 585-6410. Subscribe Cover Story Thanksgiving with Chef Perry From STAFF REPORTS Published on Friday, November 20, 2015 | 11:32 am First Heatwave Expected Next Week EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Virtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * Top of the News Make a comment HerbeautyWant To Seriously Cut On Sugar? You Need To Know A Few TricksHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyWhy Luxury Fashion Brands Are So ExpensiveHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyEverything You Need To Know About This Two-Hour ProcedureHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyThe Most Heartwarming Moments Between Father And DaughterHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty5 Things To Avoid If You Want To Have Whiter TeethHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty8 Easy Exotic Meals Anyone Can MakeHerbeautyHerbeauty Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy Name (required) Mail (required) (not be published) Website Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday 10 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it Community News Business News Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. Community News More Cool Stuff Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadena
Enivronmentally friendly packaging firm wewow has launched a new presentation box for the food-to-go market. The firm developed its wow-box for the outside catering industry earlier this year, and has now introduced the first Wow2gobox as an eye-catching presentation for cupcakes.The box is produced from a single piece of sustainable board, and is also versatile as a marketing tool as it can be fully branded.To ensure as little wastage as possible from the production of the boxes, the firm also offers three cupcake holder inserts (to hold four or six cupcakes, or 20 mini cupcakes) and a from/to tag, for clients, from the waste material of every Wow2gobox produced.
Health officials in Seattle, Washington, where the first US case of the coronavirus occurred says that they are starting to seeing a decline in new cases after issuing strict stay-at-home orders for those residing in the state.Researchers at the Institute for Disease Modeling in Bellevue, Washington reported their findings to the New York Times on Tuesday. Researchers stated that on average one infected person was able to infect 2.7 other people, but after a month of social distancing, that average is now down to 1.4.Seattle saw it’s first case of the coronavirus on January 21st after a man returning from Wuhan, China tested positive. By March 1st, cases in the area skyrocketed to 2,159 infected people and resulted in 141 deaths.While the rate of new cases is beginning to decline, Governor Jay Inslee says he is not ready to lift the shelter-in-place orders just yet:“There is evidence that doing the aggressive measures can have a benefit,” Gov. Inslee said. The state is not “within 1,000 miles of declaring victory.”“It would be grossly irresponsible to stop these measures now,” he continued.Dr. Jeff Duchin, Health Officer for Public Health Seattle and King County echoed Gov. Inslee’s sentiment stating:“The threat of a rebound that could overwhelm the health care system remains, and will remain for the foreseeable future, if we let up too soon,” Dr. Duchin said.It was also reported that though Seattle is seeing less cases, Washington as a whole is seeing an uptick in the more rural areas reporting cases.
The Head of Communication department of NFF, Ademola Olajire, insisted that the Registrar of the Federal High Court, Jos, Mr. Nasiru Gusau monday in said the document circulated in the media lastweek did not emanate from the court.“We did not issue any writ of execution on this matter. What you are saying is strange to me,” Gusau said in a video interview made available to the media lastnight.Gusau explained further: “The Giwa people made an application for writ of execution, which the court declined. The court cannot execute a declaratory judgment or an interlocutory order.“Moreover, if the case is on appeal, how can the High Court issue a writ of execution?”Olajire claimed that the undated and completely invalid ‘writ of execution’ submitted at the NFF secretariat last Friday, by an Executive Officer (Accounts) with the Federal High Court, Jos, Langmbweng Enoch Wupeh.“The ‘writ of execution’ was, strangely, prepared and signed by Plaintiff Counsel (Giwa’s lawyer), and to it was attached only the first two orders made by the court, leaving out the most recent orders that struck out the first two, as well as the Hon. Judge’s clarification. The signature of a ‘Judge’ (no name) was poorly forged,” he explained.After its 25 –minute misadventure at the Glass House, the Giwa group issued a self –deluding statement that it had ‘taken over’ the NFF.The invasion came only 24 hours after a peace meeting ordered by the Nigeria Parliament. Deputy Chairman of the House Committee on Sports (which is saddled with the responsibility), Rt. Hon. Anayo Nebe, at the weekend expressed huge disappointment with the Giwa group’s actionIn a related development, the Federal Capital Teritory (FCT) Police Commissioner, Wilson Inalegwu, ymonday summoned both Amaju Pinnick and Chris Giwa, the two factions claiming the sole of the Glass House.Pinnick and Giwa held separate meeting with the police chief at his office as the crisis assumed a new and dangerous twist, where in trying to reinforce their claim as the NFF President, and they reported at the Glass House at different time.Giwa, accommpanied by Effiong Johnson, Sani Ferma and Yahaya Adama, stormed the Glasshouse few minutes after Pinnick addressed the media and secretariat staff.They were given access by the Divisional Police Officer Wuse Zone 3, Supretendent Irek Sunday after getting clearance from Inalegwu.They later left to inspect the Sunday Dankaro House, the new NFF Secretariat under renovation.Pinnick insisted he was validly elected NFF President. He said his appeal due to be heard on June 28, negated the ruling of the lower court which gave an order that favour Giwa.He also accused the Giwa group of trying to sabotaging Nigeria’s quest to qualify for 2018 World Cup in Russia by using force to take over the NFF office last Friday, a day after the House of Representatives Sports Committee brokered a truce between him and Giwa.He also insisted Giwa remained banned by Confederation of African Football (CAF) which also reserves the right to unban him.” I should not have sat down with him before the House Committee, I only did it out of respect to the lawmakers and Nigerian government. The issue of lifting his ban is a CAF congressional issue and not a decision by NFF board. I remainthe President of NFF as I was elected till 2018.“Aside from that, I was not joined in the court case and can’t be removed from office as ruled by the Supreme Court. The parties joined in the case are Aminu Maigari and Musa Amadu. I remain the President, ” Pinnick said.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram GLASSHOUSE TAKE OVERAs FCT police comissiomer summons Pinnick, GiwaFemi Solaja and Olawale Ajimotokan in AbujaThe unending drama in the Glass House took another turn last night as the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) produced an evidence from the Federal High Court in Jos that disowned the ‘writ of execution’ being bandied by the Giwa group.
Whether it is a coincidence or something else, but the first edition of the book “sportskivremeplov.ba”, by Muhamed Bikic, famous BH sports journalist and publicist, came out just before the decisive qualifications match of the National football team of BiH for the World Cup in Brazil, September / October 2013.Exactly four years later, the third edition came out as well, and in the meantime, he realized a total of 185th edition of the show “As Exkluziv with Muhamed Bikic” on TV Alfa and we could hear his recognizable ”Dear viewers, good evening, you are watching”… numerous times.”“In the past two decades, as long as I am present in the sports journalism of BiH, I have literally gone through everything, both in print and electronic media. I am especially proud of the ‘Sportski vremeplov’ show that is broadcasted on Hayat TV and from which was created my third book “sportskivremeplov.ba”. It recorded its new edition for the third time, again in the edition of our eminent IK Buybook. There are 133 stories about prominent BH athletes and sports workers in the book who, thanks to their successes, have become and remained the local sports legends,” said Bikic, who is a graduated lawyer and master of sports, but, as he often states, he was and remained a journalist who lives sports for 24 hours.“Sport is my life. Unfortunately, I did not succeed as a professional athlete, football player, but I am trying to make it up for it as a sports journalist. Here, my last project ‘As Exkluziv’ will soon record its 200th edition. Everything started with the legendary Ivica Osim, and Safet Susic, who went to Brazil almost from the studio. If we qualify for the world championship again, we will see who will go to Russia from our studio… It is true, Bazdarevic was already our guest, and he came to the studio right after his appointment. However, since we do not repeat the guests, we will invite someone else, our captain Edin Dzeko… Moreover, almost all of the most famous names of BH sport, both former and present, were guests in our show. Numerous awards came for the book and the show, and the biggest recognition is the opinion of our viewers, because the show is one of the more viewed ones and it is commented on social networks and viewed all around the world, just as the book is being read, and the first promotion of the third edition will be across the Atlantic.At the invitation of his friend and prominent sportsman Murat Alibacic, promotions are planned in Las Vegas at the ‘Balkan Camp 2017’ and Phoenix in November. Therefore, “sportskivremeplov.ba” and “As exkluziv” are soon to be in and from America,” said Muhamed Bikic, who is still a freelance journalist, and cooperates with numerous media in BiH and abroad.(Source: ST)
Mourinho blamed the delay on local police for not providing an escort for United’s team bus, but police officials said the club knew well ahead of time no such service would be provided and had time to make the adequate arrangements.“We left the hotel at six o’clock, hoping that 30 minutes would be enough, which normally it is, but this time the police refused to do an escort so we came by ourselves,” said Mourinho after the match which ended in a 0-0 draw.“We took from the Lowry Hotel, 75 minutes and UEFA were nice, the referee was nice to allow us to start the game five minutes later because we at least need half an hour to be prepared, but it was not a problem with the club organisation.”Share on: WhatsApp London, United Kingdom | AFP | Manchester United have been fined a total of 15,000 euros (£13,200) by UEFA for the late kick-off to their Champions League match against Valencia earlier this month caused by the hosts being caught in traffic.UEFA’s disciplinary arm fined United 5,000 euros for the late arrival of the team bus, and a further 10,000 euros for the late kick-off, while United manager Jose Mourinho was also warned over the delay.United arrived at Old Trafford less than 45 minutes before kick-off on October 2 and had to ask Slovenian referee Slavko Vincic to delay the start of the game by five minutes.