Credit union regulatory relief is top concern from Congress about CFPB rules

first_img 2SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr Recently the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has received several partisan letters from Congress about its rulemakings; however, the need for reducing regulatory burden is the only issue addressed by a supermajority of 399 Members of Congress. The recent letter was sent by hundreds of representatives from both parties asking the CFPB to use its exemption authority to ease regulatory burden on credit unions.CUNA believes the distinction of having overwhelming support for this letter, compared with others, sends a strong message to the CFPB that regulatory relief, and tailoring rulemakings to have as little impact on consumer-friendly actors such as credit unions, is top of mind for Congress and the consumers who elected them.“We’re grateful to the 75% of Congress that reached out to CFPB Director Richard Corday to stress the importance of tailoring rules to focus on problem actors, and to relieve credit unions and their members from the adverse impact of overly broad rules,” said CUNA Chief Advocacy Officer Ryan Donovan. “In a time when compromises can be hard to come by, we’re thankful that such a large majority of both parties grasp the importance of not-for-profit, member-owned financial institutions providing access to financial services. continue reading »last_img read more

Tevez back at Boca, dreams of last World Cup fling

first_imgThe former Manchester United and Juventus striker — who turns 34 next month — last played for the national side in October 2015.But Tevez will be happy to settle for just playing after a lucrative but ultimately miserable 12 months with Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua.“I want to enjoy these next two years with Boca because it’s the last thing I have left,” he said as he was introduced by the club after his move last week.“I’m fine. It’s much easier if I’m happy and I’m happy,” Tevez said at his boyhood club’s training ground just outside Buenos Aires.Boca chairman Daniel Angelici said no money changed hands in bringing Tevez back to his former club.“I want to thank the Chinese club because it has made it easier for Carlos to be here with us. There was no economic compensation, neither from Boca to the Chinese club nor from China to Boca,” Angelici told reporters.Tevez said: “We went hand in hand with the Chinese club. Boca did not have to put anything in.”Tevez joined Shenhua in January last year on an estimated 730,000 euros-a-week salary, making him one of the world’s highest-paid players.Carlos Tevez main goal now is to win the South American Copa Libertadores club championship with six-time winners Boca © AFP / EITAN ABRAMOVICHIt may explain his comment at Tuesday’s press conference when he reflected on his return to Boca: “As I won, I also lost.”Tevez scored only four goals in the Chinese championship during an injury-marred season in which he missed the Chinese Cup Final which his team won.“I have no regrets. When I made the decision (to go to China) I took it knowing the consequences,” he said.Tevez’s main goal now is to win the South American Copa Libertadores club championship with six-time winners Boca. The Buenos Aires club last won it in 2007.“We all know the responsiblity of playing a Libertadores. I think it’s time to try to take that weight off us and win it,” he said.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Argentine footballer Carlos Tevez takes part in a training session at Los Cardales, Buenos Aires province, on January 9, 2018 © AFP / EITAN ABRAMOVICHBUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Jan 9 – Carlos Tevez hopes to turn back the clock and use his return to Boca Juniors as a springboard to get back in the Argentina team for this year’s World Cup in Russia.“I have a few years of football left, being in a World Cup for a player of my age would be something very nice,” Tevez said.last_img read more

Koulibaly signs new Napoli contract, despite reported Man United interest

first_imgKalidou Koulibaly has signed a new five-year contract to stay at Napoli.The club’s president Aurelio De Laurentiis confirmed the deal on Saturday, prior to the club’s pre-season friendly at Liverpool. LATEST Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti De Laurentiis was initially asked about Lille defender Kevin Malcuit, who he confirmed has now signed.“Yes, all true,” the president confirmed to Sky, “He comes outright for a total of €13 million.”He then declared: “Koulibaly, he has renewed with us for another five seasons.“He is the best defender in the world probably. For him I have refused €90 million from three clubs because I do not sell.” targets LIVING THE DREAM Liverpool’s signings under Michael Edwards – will Minamino be the next big hit? three-way race Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summer Koulibaly has been the subject of multiple big bids this summer moving on REVEALED Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January Chelsea confident of beating Man United and Liverpool to Sancho signing center_img The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade IN DEMAND Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father TOP WORK Latest Transfer News targets This announcement will come as a blow to multiple top European clubs including Manchester United.The Red Devils are known to be long-term admirers of the Senegalese centre-back and were rumoured to be targeting him this summer before switching their attentions towards Barcelona’s Yerry Mina. 1 Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ RANKED last_img read more