Valamar Riviera named the best major exporter in 2017

first_imgCroatian Exporters Association as part of the 13th Convention of Croatian Exporters organized under the auspices of the Government of the Republic of Croatia Valamar Riviera awarded the “Golden Key” in the category The best big exporter in 2017.Interestingly, Valamar won this award in strong competition with Končar-energetski transformatori doo and Pliva Hrvatska doo Valamar is the only company from the tourism sector to be awarded the “Golden Key” award and the only tourism company that has been among the prestigious nominated companies since 2014. from the Croatian economic sector.”It is my great honor and pleasure to receive the Golden Key Award on behalf of Valamar Riviera. The tourism sector is the largest exporter in the Croatian economy, and Valamar Riviera, as the largest company in tourism, generated as much as HRK 2017 billion in sales revenue abroad in 1,6. Therefore, it is extremely important for tourism to have competitive business conditions for the global market when we talk about fiscal policy, labor market and exchange rate stability. Today, Valamar Riviera is among the ten largest companies in Croatia in terms of market capitalization. The Golden Key award goes to the rank of the highest recognitions for the achievements of our company.”Said Marko Čižmek, a member of the Valamar Management Board.Valamar Riviera is the leading tourist company in Croatia, which can accommodate more than 33 guests a day in its 15 hotels and resorts and 56.000 camping resorts in six destinations from Istria and Kvarner to Dubrovnik. Valamar is the leading investor in Croatia with more than HRK 4 billion invested in the tourism portfolio, and this year alone more than HRK 700 million has been invested. In 2018, the company created more than 600 new jobs and employs about 6.600 employees.Related news: VALAMAR PRESENTS NEW BRAND STRATEGY “ALL YOU CAN HOLIDAY”last_img read more

Mino Raiola responds to Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s ‘demand’ to leave Arsenal

first_img About Connatix V67539 Mino Raiola responds to Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s ‘demand’ to leave Arsenal Mkhitaryan non ha mandato nessun messaggio all’Arsenal. Soprattutto in momenti cosi, le fake news sono assolutamente inaccettabili.Mkhitaryan did not send any message to Arsenal. Specially in times like these, fake news are completely unacceptable. pic.twitter.com/Fyh35MdO9D— Mino Raiola (@MinoRaiola) May 7, 2020 Mkhitaryan’s future is unclear (Picture: AMA/Getty)Mino Raiola insists Henrikh Mkhitaryan has not told Arsenal that his time at the Emirates is ‘over’ and slammed the spreading of ‘fake news’ amid the coronavirus pandemic. Mkhitaryan has spent the season on loan at Italian side Roma, with the Serie A club hoping to conclude a permanent transfer ahead of the next campaign.And according to Italian outlet Corriere dello Sport, Mkhitaryan privately told Arsenal about his future plans: ‘My time in London is over, I hope you manage to find an agreement with Rome because my desire is to stay.’However, super-agent Raiola denied that there had been any such demand made by the Armenia international.ADVERTISEMENT Full Screen Video Settings Advertisement Comment 1 min. story Metro Sport ReporterThursday 7 May 2020 10:37 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link915Shares ‘Mkhitaryan did not send any message to Arsenal,’ Raiola posted on social media. AdvertisementAdvertisement‘Specially in times like these, fake news are completely unacceptable.’Roma manager Paulo Fonseca has made it clear Roma want the 31-year-old to extend his stay at the Stadio Olimpico.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal‘I want him to stay and he also wants to stay,’ Fonseca told Russian TV programme Great Football last week. ‘However, it should be clear that everything is now on hiatus, and we’ll have to talk to Arsenal.‘I want to continue working with him because he’s a great player and a great man.’MORE: Manchester United in talks to sign Liverpool target Timo WernerMORE: Sir Alex Ferguson forced to stop Manchester United training after a fight between Cristiano Ronaldo and Ruud van NistelrooyFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page. PLAY Advertisementlast_img read more

Wolf Administration Announces New Funding for Apprenticeship Advancements and Outreach in Harrisburg

first_img October 14, 2020 SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Economy,  Jobs That Pay,  Press Release,  Workforce Development Governor Tom Wolf announced the approval of new funding for the Iron Workers Local 404 Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC) through the Department of Community and Economic Development’s (DCED) Apprenticeship Grant Program. This funding will support the governor’s commitment to expanding job training-related opportunities throughout Pennsylvania.“Apprenticeship programs allow for Pennsylvania students and workers to attain the skills and abilities necessary to meet the needs of our 21st century economy,” said Gov. Wolf. “My PAsmart initiative was created with the intent of making apprenticeship opportunities more widely available and accessible so that across the commonwealth we can provide quality trades training that leads to good, family-sustaining jobs.”Iron Workers Local 404 JATC, of Dauphin County, received $297,000 to increase program updates through exploratory outreach and to expand outreach to increase recruitment. The grant will allow for additional collaboration with sister iron worker unions and other local trade unions, and facility updates that guarantee the most current and all-encompassing training and education possible. Curriculum and training facility updates will ensure Iron Workers Local 404 JATC has a more marketable program that appeals to individuals interested in a career in iron working or pivoting to a more dependable career opportunity in general.Administered by the JATC, the Iron Workers Local 404 apprenticeship program is a three-year program with hands on training, demonstrations by equipment suppliers, classroom lectures, and instruction time for safety training.“The Iron Workers Local Union #404 Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee would like to thank Governor Wolf and his administration for the generous opportunity to apply for funds that will have a direct, positive impact on the economy of the commonwealth. For over 60 years, our program has served as a dependable common ground for certifying craftsmen across 35 counties, and this investment of funds will help us continue to provide an accredited education to hardworking Pennsylvanians,” said Apprenticeship Coordinator Dan Hoke. “Now more than ever, the opportunity to begin a lucrative career in the ever-changing job market is imperative, and we are honored to receive funds that will directly lead to such opportunities.”Apprenticeship programs provide critical access to career pathways and enable apprentices to develop the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to compete in today’s economy. Classroom training is a required component of registered apprenticeship programs across Pennsylvania and complements traditional on-the-job training. The technical material taught in a classroom environment enables apprentices to learn fundamental concepts, terminology, procedures, safety requirements, and basic tools and instruments.Apprenticeships are a key component of Governor Wolf’s PAsmart initiative, an innovative way to improve coordination between state agencies, cut red tape, and invest in people and businesses to expand innovative job training in apprenticeships and other programs so workers get the skills they need to compete in the global economy.The Pre-Apprentice and Apprenticeship Grant Program is a statewide program that offers assistance to registered apprenticeship programs. The program’s goal is to increase apprenticeship availability to Pennsylvania employers to assist them with their talent recruitment and development.For more information about the Wolf Administration’s commitment to workforce training, visit DCED website, and be sure to stay up-to-date with all of our agency on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.center_img Wolf Administration Announces New Funding for Apprenticeship Advancements and Outreach in Harrisburglast_img read more

Duke Energy focusing on customers, communities and employees

first_imgStatewide—Duke Energy continues to focus on the safety of its customers, communities, and employees during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. It’s undertaken temporary measures to assist our customers during these unprecedented times. These measures include: Suspending disconnections for non-payment Waiving late payment and returned check fees Waiving credit and debit card fees for residential customers Offering flexible payment arrangements for all customers including small and medium businessesIt’s also adopted measures to keep its employees and customers safe including: Implemented a Remote Work Policy for employees able to work from home Implemented a no-visitors policy at our facilities Restricted all non-essential travel Suspended energy efficiency audits Suspended home weatherization repairs Advised our customer-facing employees about social distancing and other important measures they should take to protect themselves and customersAs it continues to advise employees to take safe measures, it is also urging customers and the public to stay healthy and safe by keeping a safe distance away from our work zones and practicing social distancing from our workers as they perform their duties. We are all in this together and by working together we can protect each otherIn response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Duke Energy Foundation contributed an additional $100,000 to help Indiana communities. This “rapid response” contribution was in addition to the foundation’s annual giving of $2 million in Indiana. Through these additional funds, Duke Energy was able to assist dozens of local food pantries and other organizations to help address local needs resulting from COVID-19.last_img read more

WATCH: Dino Babers goes nuts in locker room after Syracuse beats No. 17 Virginia Tech

first_imgMORE COVERAGE:AdvertisementThis is placeholder textSyracuse shocks Virginia Tech with 31-17 victoryThree quick takeaways from SU’s upset winStorify: Syracuse community reacts to the Orange’s winWhat else was going on the last time Syracuse beat a ranked opponent? Syracuse (3-4, 1-2 Atlantic Coast) won its first game over a ranked opponent since Nov. 10, 2012 on Saturday afternoon. SU took down No. 17 Virginia Tech (4-2, 2-1), 31-17, in the Carrier Dome. After the game, first-year Orange head coach Dino Babers addressed his team in the locker room and didn’t hold back his emotions. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on October 15, 2016 at 8:51 pmlast_img

Football Training Centre in Zenica to be expanded

first_imgBosnia and Herzegovina’s Football Training Centre is located on Kamberovića Plain (another name of the site is Crkvičko Brdo) in Zenica. It currently covers an area of 30,000 m². Two football pitches measuring 105×68 m have already been built on this site, one with natural grass and the other with artificial turf, as well as one covered pitch with tent construction and artificial turf measuring 20×40 meters.The facility on this location also has a grandstand and hotel facilities. The grandstand has a capacity of 1500 seats. Within the facility, there are 24 double rooms, a kitchen with a restaurant, seminar and meeting room, 2 large and 4 smaller dressing rooms, a medical room, an anti-doping room, a fitness room, a room with 12 baths for water massage, a laundry room, a storage room and other rooms.The Training Centre is registered with UEFA as a category 2 stadium, with official matches being played by the U-21 team, the women’s “A” national team and all other national teams’ lower-age categories.The Training Centre started operating in the spring of 2014 and has been increasing capacity utilization every year. It is used for gatherings of all the FF BH national teams, for holding seminars, coach education, as well as for playing official and training matches.In 2018, the capacity utilization of the Centre was 79%, and in 2019 it is planned 82%.These are the current limits, because, due to limited accommodation and only two large pitches, it is not possible to achieve maximum (100%) utilization of this facility.Since December 2018, the FF BH has been leading activities on the project of expanding the Training Centre in Zenica, together with the City of Zenica.A session of the City Council of the City of Zenica was held yesterday, with the decision on determining the public interest for expanding the capacity of the Training Centre of the Football Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina in Zenica. This created the preconditions for the preparation of project documentation for expanding the Training Centre.The FF BH Executive Board has already made the appropriate decisions that foresee the sources of funding for the project of expanding and, after drafting the project documentation, will be able to submit applications to UEFA and FIFA.The extension of TC Zenica would include two new football pitches of standard dimensions 68.0×105.0 meters, both with natural grass.Accommodation will also be expanded.The length of the new building is 32.70 m, its width is 16.90 m, and the floor is B + GF + 2 + M. The new building will be located in the continuation of the existing one, in the area where the parking lot is currently located.In the basement of the building there will be a swimming pool with fitness room, sauna, diagnostic centre, pool equipment area and storage.last_img read more

2,400 are ready to lie down for peace

first_imgThe mesa has a “flat hard-packed desert feeling,” Gold said. Most recently, scenes from Steven Spielberg’s “War of the Worlds” were filmed there. “The idea is that it look as much like Iraq as possible,” Gold said. Public awareness, not politics, is his motivation, he said. “It’s not a demonstration or a protest,” he said. “It’s a memorial. But it’s subject to individual interpretations.” [email protected] (661) 257-5251160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! SAUGUS – New York-based photographer Zach Gold, whose work ranges from rap stars’ portraits to Nike shoe ads, sees a mesa in a remote corner of Saugus and envisions the desolate desert landscape of Iraq. Some 2,400 volunteers – representing Americans who have died fighting in Iraq – will pose there Saturday, lying on the parched land, as Gold shoots a photograph that he says will be his most meaningful project ever. “I’m at a place in my life where instead of having a good idea and putting it aside until I have time, I thought I’d put it out in the world,” Gold said Wednesday in a phone interview, moments after landing at LAX. The color photo is for Know War, a group pushing to end the war in Iraq, and is intended as a memorial to the dead service men and women. Information on how to participate is available at www.knowwar.com. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORE11 theater productions to see in Southern California this week, Dec. 27-Jan. 2It’s Gold’s hope that the sheer numbers of “bodies” strewn about Cruzan Mesa – known as Mystery Mesa to the film industry, which frequently shoots there – will make Americans realize the human toll the war in Iraq has taken. The site is near Vasquez Canyon Road and Sierra Highway. “I’ve read a lot about Vietnam and World War II and all the numbers of the dead in those wars was being publicized for comparisons to the war in Iraq,” Gold said. “You say 500, 1,000, well, that’s not really a war compared to the losses of life in Vietnam. “But the way I look at it, one death doesn’t seem like a lot unless that one death happens to be your brother. I want to show Americans what 2,400 deaths looks like.” Ann Malinowsky of Know War said the organization has the support of veterans groups. Know War, she said, stands for an end to this war by raising public awareness with a graphic depiction of the real toll. Both a 30-second public service announcement and a documentary will be developed in tandem with the photo shoot, Malinowsky said. last_img read more