0Shares0000Gor Mahia head coach Dylan Kerr flushes his tyrademark thumbs up before their SportPesa Super Cup final against Tanzania’s Simba on June 10, 2018 at the Afraha Stadium in Nakuru. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluNAIROBI, Kenya, Jun 28- Kenyan Premier League Champions Gor Mahia will after all travel for the CEACAFA Kagame Cup in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, on Friday after their league clash against Sony Sugar in Kisumu.This follows the club’s management and players coming to a common ground following a tiff over unpaid allowances that saw the players fail to train on Wednesday. The players were lamenting over what is owed to them after their qualification to the CAF Confederation Cup Group Stages as well as what they termed as ‘meager’ allowances from their SportPesa Super Cup win.“We don’t owe any player salary arrears and in terms of win allowances, the only game we have not paid is Tuesday’s against Posta Rangers. The only thing we owe them is the money from the Confederation Cup qualification and this, we promised we would pay 20pc of it,” Gor Treasurer Sally Bolo said.She added; “As a club it is not possible to give back everything we get. I think it was clear for the players from the word go.”The players were scheduled to train on Thursday evening in Kisumu and head coach Dylan kerr says he is disappointed at how the last few days have panned out. He has also accused an unnamed club official of trying to destabilize the team.-Club official“I am not happy with one club official because she has no right to set players to initiate rebellion. She is an official and should be in the front in trying to solve issues not worsen them. She is causing problems in the team and it is unbelievable. I think the club needs to sort this out as soon as possible,” a dejected Kerr said.He however hopes that the disruption of the last few days will not put the team’s focus off as they look to keep their unbeaten run intact and stretch their lead on top of the League standings to 15 points.Meanwhile, Kerr is set to assess Burundian forward Francis Mustafa from Rwandese league side Kiyovu Stars with an aim of signing him.“We don’t have much time because it is just one training session with him but we will see. It’s only two days to the end of the transfer window which doesn’t give us enough time to look at a player,” Kerr added.The club is looking to replace forward Meddie Kagere who left on Tuesday to join Tanzanian side Simba SC.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
Louis van Gaal wants to cap his debut season as Manchester United manager with FA Cup glory after his side secured their place in the fourth round on Sunday.The Reds Devils laboured to a 2-0 victory over League One Yeovil to seal their progression, with the Premier League giants needing a late goal from substitute Angel di Maria to seal the win late on in Somerset.After being humbled by a 4-0 defeat to MK Dons in the League Cup earlier in the season, it was a much-needed result for the Dutch boss, who said he wants to go all the way after tasting his first triumph in football’s oldest competition.“I want to win a title and the players also,” Van Gaal said following the win.“I have been told by my fantastic assistant manager [Ryan Giggs] that Man United have not won the FA Cup for ten years, so maybe we can do that this year.“But it’s a very long way and the priority is also the Premier League.”Van Gaal declared himself happy with his side’s run of results over a tricky festive period that have seen the side consolidate third place in the Premier League, with the victory over Yeovil extending their unbeaten run to 11 games in all competitions.“I’m very happy we have won and I’m very happy we have survived this festive period because I don’t have a big selection,” added the Dutchman.“I have a lot of injuries so I could not change much and, in spite of that, we have regained ground to Chelsea by one point and we are in the fourth round of the FA Cup.“What can a manager wish more?” Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal 1
Three soldiers from the Army’s Task Force Lightning died Thursday when a bomb exploded near their vehicle in Ninevah, a northern province that includes Iraq’s third-largest city Mosul, the military also said. Those deaths raised to at least 3,760 members of the U.S. military who have died since the Iraq war started in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count. Britain’s Defense Ministry also announced Friday that a British soldier was killed two days earlier, but news of the death was kept secret for security reasons. The British statement did not say how or where the soldier died. However, the British news agency Press Association said it was believed the soldier was killed in central Iraq rather than the south where most of Britain’s 5,500 soldiers are based. British soldiers serve in a U.S.-run special operations command that hunts al-Qaida in Iraq leaders in central Iraq. The U.S. statement did not say where the Marines were killed in Anbar, a desert province that extends from the western outskirts of Baghdad to the borders of Syria, Jordan and Saudi Arabia. On Monday, President George W. Bush declared Anbar “one of the safest places in Iraq” after many Sunni tribal sheiks broke with al-Qaida in Iraq and threw their support to U.S. efforts. U.S. officers say Anbar is far from secure. But the top U.S. commander, Gen. David Petraeus, is expected to point to a dramatic drop in violence there when he reports to Congress next week on the situation in Iraq after this year’s troop buildup. Petraeus is expected to tell lawmakers he wants to maintain the troop buildup here until next spring to bolster the security gains achieved in Anbar and elsewhere. Meanwhile, in Anbar, insurgents blew up two suspension bridges on the main highway leading to Jordan and Saudi Arabia, a police intelligence officer said. The blasts against the Anbar bridges occurred about dawn in a sparsely populated area about 100 miles west of Baghdad, according to the National Iraqi News Agency.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! BAGHDAD – The U.S. military on Friday announced the deaths of seven more American troops in combat, including four in Anbar province, the Sunni stronghold where U.S. officials say a tribal revolt against al-Qaida in Iraq has brought dramatic improvements in security. Two of Iraq’s top political leaders, meanwhile, raised objections to the planned execution of three former Saddam Hussein lieutenants – all Sunnis – convicted of massacring Kurds in the late 1980s. A hardline Sunni clerical group warned the executions would become a “negative factor” in efforts to reconcile Sunnis and Shiites. A U.S. statement said four Marines assigned to Multinational Force-West were killed Thursday in combat in Anbar, but gave no further details.
Mrs Brown’s Boys star Danny O’Carroll has come to the rescue of his local Donegal soccer side.Danny, who plays Buster Brady in the award-winning sitcom, lives in Manorcunningham and occasionally lines out for Lagan Harps FC.Married to local woman Amanda Woods, the father-of-two plays in defence in the Donegal Junior League when not shooting the hit TV series. Danny, 29, showed his father Brendan’s kind nature when he recently sponsored the team who now have the Mrs Brown’s Boys logo on their tracksuits.Lagan Harps spokesman Ernie Pollock says Danny is just one of the lads and is quite handy at right back.“You wouldn’t think he was a television star and he just enjoys playing his bit of football when he can fit it in.“He obviously has a very busy schedule but he has played a number of times for us this year including the cup. He’s quite handy. “Everyone knows how hard it is to get sponsorship but Danny did sponsor the team’s tracksuits and gear which was very nice of him,” said Ernie.But beating the opposition is not Danny’s biggest challenge according to Ernie.The greatest threat is on the sideline trying to get away from fans of the hit television show.“The problem is getting him onto the pitch for a game if supporters recognize who he is.“He’s often stopped for autographs and photographs by people watching games when they realise who he is. But he always has time for people. He’s a great lad,” said Ernie. Danny moved to Donegal several years ago after meeting Amanda on a night out in Letterkenny as he toured the Mrs Brown’s Boys show with dad Brendan.Brendan said he warned his son that Donegal women “don’t leave Donegal.”So Danny moved to Donegal and the couple, who are happily married for seven years, now have two little boys.MRS BROWN’S BOY DANNY GIVES DONEGAL SOCCER TEAM A DRESSING-UP! was last modified: February 27th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Danny O’CarrollLagan HarpsMrs Brown’s Boys