I am not leaving Tottenham, says Wanyama

first_img0Shares0000Victor Wanyama made Tottenham return against Swansea. Photo/COURTESYNAIROBI, Kenya, May 24- Harambee Stars captain and Tottenham Hotspur midfield maestro Victor Wanyama has dismissed reports that he might be thinking of leaving the club, saying he is happy in North London and is not departing anytime soon.There have been silent murmurs that the Wanyama is being courted by several clubs, but Wanyama who has three years to run on his Spurs contract has treated all those as rumors. “Rumors are just rumors. There’s no offer from anyone and I am very happy at Spurs. I have not even thought about leaving,” affirmed Wanyama.The midfielder joined Tottenham at the beginning of the 2016/2017 season for Sh1.5bn (£11mn) from Southampton.Meanwhile, despite missing close to four months of action due to injury, Wanyama says he still counts it a successful season and will be hoping for better tidings in the new campaign.Victor Wanyama. Photo/COURTESYWanyama had a paltry 24 appearances for Spurs across all competitions in the 2017/2018 season having missed a huge chunk of action after aggravating a knee injury picked up during pre-season.“It was perhaps the toughest time of my career because I have never been out for so long. But on the positive, it has helped me learn a lot and I am happy that I overcome and I at least came back to play a few matches. It could have been worse,” Wanyama said.Spurs weren’t as compact as they were last season but the North London club still managed to finish at third spot, securing a UEFA Champions League spot for next season on top of reaching the FA Cup semi-final.The Kenyan skipper has heaped praise on his Spurs team-mates for their grit and fight and is hopeful in the new campaign they will be in a position to challenge for trophies to spice up their performance on the pitch.“I can say the season has been successful because we have played all 38 games away from home and it is never easy. I am proud of the team and how we played and I am also proud of myself for coming back stronger. Hopefully next season we do well,” Wanyama noted.He added; “We also had some good performance in the Champions League and the target next year is to improve and go further.”-Back to White Hart Lane-Victor Wanyama wheels away in celebrating his goal against Liverpool on February 4, 2018.Spurs will have the prestige of going back to their home ground at the White Hart Lane which had been closed for expansion, thus forcing them to play their home games at the Wembley Stadium.Perhaps what was Wanyama’s biggest moment was when he unleashed a ferocious shot infront of the Kop End beating Loris Karius as Spurs played to a 2-2 draw with Liverpool in a league fixture.Wanyama had just come on as a substitute with his side 1-0 down from a Mo Salah goal but barely 60 seconds on the pitch, the midfielder picked the ball from 20 yards out and rifled it into the top right corner.The goal was voted as the Spurs goal of the season.Wanyama cracker“That was my first game after injury and I had just come in. I saw the ball ahead of me and I just decided to let it fly and it ended up in the net. It was a good goal and I was happy scoring especially against Liverpool infront of their fans,” Wanyama noted.He joked that nonetheless, his goal against Barcelona in the Champions League with Celtic remains his best ever.“That was my best ever. The Liverpool one was good, but against Barcelona, we didn’t have the ball at all. When it came, I scored!” joked the midfielder.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

ANGER AS MASSIVE OYSTER FARM GETS GO-AHEAD ON TOP DONEGAL BEACH

first_imgIT may be a day for hitting the beach – but not if you head to Linsfort Beach in Inishowen.There is anger from locals and visitors alike after planning permission was given for a massive oyster farm on a beach enjoyed for generations.The once beautiful beach on the scenic Wild Atlantic Way is being ruined by oyster farming, said a spokesman for Save Linsfort Beach. “A ten year licence has been granted for 42 acres of oyster beds and the beach which is in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is being destroyed.“This unspoilt sandy beach has already been turned into an eyesore with lines of unsightly metal cages. The beach is now practically unusable by the local community and public who have for years walked along the shore and enjoyed recreational activities on the beach during the summer months.“As unsightly as the metal cages are at low tide they are also unmarked at high tide when submerged just below the surface and and present a real safety hazard to children, swimmers, kayakers, boats and local wildlife.“Environmental impact studies suggest that the use of non-native species (pacific oysters) for aquaculture purposes is of significant concern. Pacific oysters can overgrow resident species and affect their growth and cause widespread environmental changes that threaten biodiversity and ecosystem services.” More information on a petition and a campaign can be found herehttps://www.facebook.com/savelinsfortbeach ANGER AS MASSIVE OYSTER FARM GETS GO-AHEAD ON TOP DONEGAL BEACH was last modified: June 30th, 2015 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:buncranaLinsfort beachoyster farmlast_img read more