Fifth AmendmentgropingKevin Spacey

first_img Fifth Amendment|groping|Kevin Spacey BOSTON — Prosecutors have dropped a case accusing Kevin Spacey of groping a young man at a Massachusetts resort island bar in 2016.The Cape and Islands district attorney said Wednesday that they dropped the indecent assault and battery case brought against the actor last year.Spacey was accused of getting an 18-year-old man drunk and then groping him at a Nantucket restaurant and bar where the teen worked as a busboy.Spacey denied the allegations.The case was hobbled after Spacey’s accuser invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination and refused to testify about text messages the defence claims were deleted.The accuser had been ordered to testify about a cellphone he used the night of the alleged assault. He was supposed to turn it over to the defence but said it was missing. Prosecutors drop groping case against Kevin Spacey FILE – In this June 3, 2019 file photo, actor Kevin Spacey listens to attorney Alan Jackson during a pretrial hearing at district court in Nantucket, Mass. On Wednesday, July 17, prosecutors dropped the sexual assault case against Oscar-winning actor, who had been accused of groping 18-year-old man in 2016 in the crowded bar at the Club Car in Nantucket. (AP Photo/Steven Senne, File) center_img Related Stories The Latest: Spacey case sank by accuser’s refusal to testifyMan who says Spacey groped him invokes right not to testifySpacey accuser could be forced to testify on missing phone by The Associated Press Posted Jul 17, 2019 1:36 pm PDT Last Updated Jul 17, 2019 at 6:53 pm PDT AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Emaillast_img